Keep your skin in top shape through the cold winter
It is cold and rainy outside while I am writing. The harsh cold outside and dry indoor air during winter can leave skin in less-than-ideal shape. I would like to share with you some tips for winter skin care so you can keep your skin healthy moisturized and looking good all season long.
- Keep the moisture you already have. After bathing or showering pat dry and moisturize your damp skin. We advise you to use body oils during shower or bath and afterwards. We stock great selection of Aromatherapy Associates products.
- Add moisture to your home. To counter the drying effects of indoor heat get a humidifier. Moisture in the air will be absorbed by your skin.
- Add moisture from the inside out. Increasing your water intake will help hydrate your skin.
- Don't forget sunscreen. Just because it's cold outside doesn't mean the sun isn't affecting your skin.
- Moisturize your skin thoroughly. Switch to an oil-based moisturizer in the winter such as our DAY NIGHT CREAM; your skin will appreciate it OR add face/ body oil to your skincare routine. Consider overnight deep moisturizer treatments which can help particularly dry areas like hands feet elbows knees and lips. Cover with cotton gloves and socks to hold the moisture in all night long.
- Switch your cleanser. It's a good idea to trade in your current body and face wash for a more moisturizing hydrating cleanser in winter such as milk or oil ones as ALL CLEAN BALM, particularly if your usual choice contains drying ingredients like glycolic or salicylic acid. Tone and moisturize within 30 seconds of finishing cleansing to avoid further dehydration.
- Take extra care. Winter skin is more fragile so if you have a skin condition like eczema or psoriasis be sure to avoid any irritants or allergens that you know flare your condition.
- Take Liposomal vitamin C every morning. It is great for your immune system as well as for your skin! Altrient C is a Liposomal Vitamin C that does everything you would expect from Vitamin C. The effect is 5 times more efficient than the Vitamin C pills that you buy online or see in the store. Due to the liposomal form, up to 98% of this vitamin C supplement is directly absorbed into your bloodstream. These microscopic ‘fat globules’, or liposomes, protect the active substance. As a result, Altrient vitamin C is not broken down in the gastrointestinal tract.
With a little extra TLC you can have soft smooth radiant skin all winter long.